One of the BIGGEST infrared sauna health benefits is it’s ability to increase your blood circulation and stimulate the sweat gland, releasing built-up toxins in the body. Sauna sweating can help detoxify your body as it rids itself of accumulated, highly toxic metals such as lead, mercury, nickel, and cadmium, as well as alcohol, nicotine, sulphuric acid, and other organic and inorganic compounds.
According to the journal of the American Medical Association, regular use of sauna imparts a similar boost on the cardiovascular system to running. As you relax in the gentle infrared heat, your body is hard at work producing sweat, pumping blood, and burning calories. As your body increases sweat production to cool itself, your heart works harder to pump blood at a greater rate to improve circulation. This increase in your metabolism may burn calories. In addition, studies have shown that an infrared sauna session can burn up to 600 calories while you relax. Moreover, your basal metabolic rate is expected to elevate, an indication that you should burn calories at a heightened rate for hours right after your session has ended.
Infrared heat penetrates tissue, joints, and muscles, to relieve pain stemming from overuse, strain, or repetitive motion. If you suffer from muscle aches or joint pain, infrared sauna can relieve this form of inflammation by increasing circulation and relaxing your muscles. Time spent in an infrared sauna reduces or eliminates stiffness, aches, and soreness that comes with aging.
Increased blood circulation has also been shown to aid in the recovery of acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, open wounds, reducing scars. Cellulite is not always reduced by weight loss. Sauna use and far infrared heat can increase heart rate and localize blood circulation which essentially reverses the fat cells to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Infrared stimulates collagen production to reduce wrinkles and improve overall skin tone plus boosts the delivery of nutrients to your skin through an elevated blood flow resulting in clearer, softer, and healthier-looking skin.
In just a few minutes the gentle warmth of an infrared sauna might help you feel relaxed, rejuvenated, and renewed which balances your body’s level of cortisol, your body’s primary stress hormone. Sauna also increases serotonin, a powerful hormone associated with relaxation and sleep. Following a sauna session, people show more brain waves related to deeper, more restful sleep.
Chromotherapy (aka Light Therapy)
Chromotherapy is the science of using colors to adjust body vibrations to frequencies that result in health and harmony. Each color possesses frequencies of a specific vibration, and each vibration is related to different physical symptoms.
Each of our saunas come equipped with this option — it is standard, no extra cost.
SALT ROOM AND SAUNA
40 Minute Infrared Sauna Session
Salt Member $35
1 Month Unlimited
Infrared Sauna Pass
2 Sauna Sessions Per Month, $20 For Additional Guest
PER 2 SESSIONS
Auto renews each month – 30 day notice for cancelation
10 Infrared Sauna Pass
Salt Member $300
Salt & Sauna 1 Month Health Reset
5 SALT SESSIONS + 5 SAUNA SESSIONS
Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna Protocol
Follow these instructions to make the most of your Infrared Sauna Experience at The Salt Room
Pre Sauna Session
– Hydrate with at least 8 oz. of water to prepare their body for an increase in core temperature.
– Please arrive early in order to set yourself up comfortably. Appointments are set up back to back with a small amount of time in between to clean and prep for the next client.
Post Infrared Session
– You should drink at least 24 oz. of water or electrolyte to re-hydrate.
– Dry off with a cool towel from the mini-fridge (limit one washcloth per client) then allow your body to cool down naturally. Wait 45 minutes before showering at home to allow your body to continue detoxing.
– Place all soiled towels in the laundry bin before you exit.
– Schedule the next Infrared session when you reach the front desk.
What to wear
– During the session you can disrobe to your comfort level: bathing suit or undergarments are ideal.
– Loose, comfortable clothing is recommended for after your session.
– The infrared sauna is not recommended for pregnant women.
– The infrared sauna is not recommended for children 12 years old or younger.
During Sauna Session
– You shouldn’t be surprised if you do not sweat during the first few sessions. Sweating might increase with regular use, removing toxins and leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
– Start session when sauna reaches 110°F.
– Optimal sauna experience occurs between 110° and 135°F.
**AUTOIMMUNE, MS, LUPUS CLIENTS: KEEP SAUNA AT 100° to 110°.
– Select Chromotherapy setting based on your individual goals.
– Your Phone or MP3 player can connect to the console via Bluetooth for a personalized music experience.
– Sessions run 30-45 minutes.
– Always remember you can discontinue the session and exit the sauna at any time.* – Please do not eat or drink in the sauna.
– Please refrain from wearing shoes inside the sauna.
– Please shut the glass doors gently.
– Please refrain from applying oils or lotions to your skin prior to entering the sauna.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
– Sauna sessions are non-refundable and subject to cancellation policy. All no call/no show appointments will result in forfeit of prepaid service. We ask if you need to reschedule to give 24 hours notice.
If you must reschedule or cancel your appointment, please notify The Salt Room® at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment to avoid being charged the FULL SERVICE FEE. Any appointments rescheduled within the 24-hour timeframe will incur a change fee of $50.
INHALE • EXHALE • STAYWELL
Book A Session Today